What is sexual assault?
Any touch or act that is sexual in content and is used for the gratification (not necessarily sexual gratification) of the perpetrator
by force, threat of force, trickery, coercion, bribery or between 2 or more people where an imbalance exists in age, size, power or knowledge.
- Every minute a forcible rape occurs in the U.S.
- 1 in 6 women are vaginally raped at some point in their life
- 1 in 3 women are sexually assaulted during their life
- 1 in 7 male children are sexually abused before 18
- 1 in 3 female children are sexually abused before 18
- Married women have a 1 in 7 chance of being raped by a husband
- Marital rape is a crime in Oregon