Making a Referral
When you can connect to a local program it makes all the difference. To offer your patient a referral to BPA, you can say: “If you are comfortable with this idea, I would like to call an advocate at Battered Persons’ Advocacy. They an experts in what to do next and can talk with you about a plan to be safer.”
Offer to help her make the call or encourage the patient to call BPA directly:
- Call the 24/7 BPA Crisis Line (541-673-7867) and identify that you are a healthcare provider (or a patient). An Advocate may be available to come to the clinic.
- Provide the client a business card or safety card with BPA’s 24-hour Crisis Line number.
Services Patients Can Access:
- Emergency Services
- Legal Advocacy
- Support Groups
- Safety Planning
- Peer Counseling
- Danger/Lethality Assessment
- BPA Services Information such as shelter and/or transitional housing
- Community Resources and Referrals