Each year, BPA provides over 4,000 shelter nights to families fleeing domestic violence & sexual assault.
- 107 Women Sheltered
- 93 Children Sheltered
- 7326 Meals Served
- 2491 Case Management Hours to shelter clients
- 100% Shelter residents left with a safety plan
- 54% shelter residents are adults over 18
- 81% of those were 25-59 years old
- 46% of shelter residents are children under 18
- 88% of events were perpetrated by an intimate or formerly intimate partner
- 18% identified as having a disability
- 90+% identified as having more than one type of victimization
Our emergency shelter has been a core program since 1978. The typical stay for people living in shelter is a month, sometimes much less, sometimes more. The shelter is a safe place that provides support and information about where to go next. We also have a small animal shelter at the facility so you can bring your animals.
The shelter is at a confidential location. If you need shelter, please call our crisis line or stop by our public office (1202 SE Douglas, Roseburg) to talk about housing options.